are the current job
at Holiday House. For more information about
Current Openings (4)
Substitute Support Leader
Provide support to program participants including leadership and training in both center-based and community-based sites, along with wayside/Rest Areas.
· Implement support services identified in Individual Written Program Plans.
· May need to provide assistance with personal cares as defined by the participant’s written plan.
· Maintain awareness of participant’s interests, strengths, and needs in order to provide appropriate services and feedback to Case Manager during case review process.
· Train and lead workers in the safe and proper use of equipment and cleaning supplies.
· If needed, transport workers to the job site and transport home.
· Participate in the case review process with the participant and the Case Manager as needed.
· Collaborate with each participant’s Case Manager and other support staff.
· Maintain good verbal and written communication with all those involved to ensure all parties are kept updated and informed of any changes necessary relating to participant.
· Complete reports as directed.
· Assist with jobs, inventory, and paperwork including time cards, when applicable.
· Follow and enforce all safety rules.
· Respond to emergency situations promptly and if necessary call 911 and administer First Aid or CPR/AED.
· Report any and all accidents/injuries along with filling out reports within 24 hours.
· Promote and maintain confidentiality of participants.
· Attend informational seminars and training sessions as required.
· Perform any other duties assigned by management.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent.EXPERIENCE:
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be able to stand for lengthy periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with assistance. Must be able to bend/squat/twist/kneel frequently. Must be able to physically transfer participant from a wheelchair in a safe manner.Seasonal Wayside Support Leader
Provide support, training and supervision with daily activities to program participants while assisting with grounds keeping duties.
High school graduate or its equivalent
Previous experience in janitorial, groundskeeping, and/or building maintenance field would be a plus.
Experience working with people with disabilities.
Prior supervisory experience would be helpful.
Ability to Supervise the work of those with disabilities.
Ability to follow established work routine.
Ability to maintain and operate equipment.
Knowledge of OSHA Standards.
Responsible for supervising, training, instructing, and overseeing participants.
Considerable physical activity. Lifting up to 50 pounds with assistance. Wisconsin driver’s license and good driving record required and must be able to pass Holiday House Insurance Carrier’s liability.
Outdoor seasonal work.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Materials Recycling Center)
This is a seasonal part-time position primarily performing deliveries of wood mulch and compost to residential and commercial customers throughout Manitowoc County. Must be able to drive delivery vehicles in a safe and efficient manner and load delivery truck using front end loaders or skid steer. May also be required to use heavy equipment to load customer vehicles, trucks, and trailers with compost products, maintain drop off areas, build/tip wind rows in the compost sites, and assist with other projects as needed. Will work independently ensuring the safe and efficient operation of compost site vehicles and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Perform maintenance checks and daily/weekly preventative maintenance on front end loaders, skid steer, and single axle dump truck before daily use.
· Assist with monthly and annual maintenance of heavy equipment or basic repairs if asked.
· Maintain daily, weekly and monthly maintenance records and reports.
· Report problems with vehicles and equipment immediately to maintenance and/or management staff.
· Load customer vehicles, trailers, and trucks with compost and woodchips in a safely manner.
· Deliver compost and wood mulch to residential and commercial locations throughout Manitowoc County.
· Maintain yard waste and brush drop-off areas.
· Construct and tip compost windrows to specifications
· Communicate with maintenance, management, and staff to ensure scheduled maintenance is being performed, product quality is being maintained, and timely/accurate deliveries are made.
· May be called in for snow removal during winter.
· Perform additional functions requiring heavy equipment operation as assigned by management.
SKILLS: Must have good customer service skills and good communication skills.
Must be able to utilize cellular phone.
Must have and maintain a CDL Class B driver’s license without airbrake restrictions and have a FEDERAL MEDICAL CARD.
Must be able to meet Holiday House Insurance Carrier’s Vehicle Insurability Standard.
Must be familiar with streets and roads within all of Manitowoc County.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires moderate physical demands such as; lifting, bending and climbing.
Should be able to lift up to 50 pounds w/assistance.
Work under seasonal conditions of cold, wet, heat, humidity and dust at the job sites. Protective safety equipment must be worn as directed.
Maintenance-Compost Staff (Materials Recycling Center)
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
|Questions, problems, or comments regarding this site, contact HH Webmaster.|