are the current job
at Holiday House. For more information about
Current Openings (4)
Maintenance Assistant at the Manitowoc County Materials Recycling Facility
This is a seasonal part-time position primarily assisting with overall facility, equipment, and compost site operation, upkeep and maintenance.
· Work with maintenance team to complete assigned tasks.
· Assist or conduct routine inspections of interior and exterior of buildings and grounds, systems, equipment, and compost site.
· Assist with lock-out tag-out and confined space entry procedures. Follow all safety rules.
· Report vehicle, equipment, operations, facility, and compost site concerns to management in a timely manner.
· Inspect and maintain all of recycling depot area.
· Perform recycling, sorting, and compost duties as directed.
· Perform opening and/or closing duties as needed for the facility, main office, and compost sites.
· Perform additional duties as directed by management.
Prefer high school graduate or its equivalent.
Should be able to work in a fast-paced and diverse work environment.
Must have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license in good standing and meet Holiday House Insurance Carrier’s Vehicle Insurability Standards.
Must be able to work under any seasonal condition: cold, wet, heat, and humidity.
Must be able to operate and maintain recycling balers, forklifts and skid steers.
Some experience operating and maintaining equipment is preferred but not necessary.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Considerable physical activity such as bending, climbing, stooping, and lifting up to 50#’s with assistance.
Heavy Equipment Operator at the Manitowoc County Materials Recycling Facility
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS;
· Perform maintenance checks and daily/weekly preventative maintenance on front end loaders, skid steer, and single axle dump truck before daily use.
· Assist with monthly and annual maintenance of heavy equipment or basic repairs if asked.
· Maintain daily, weekly and monthly maintenance records and reports.
· Report problems with vehicles and equipment immediately to maintenance and/or management staff.
· Load customer vehicles, trailers, and trucks with compost and woodchips in a safely manner.
· Deliver compost and wood mulch to residential and commercial locations throughout Manitowoc County.
· Maintain yard waste and brush drop-off areas.
· Construct and tip compost windrows to specifications
· Communicate with maintenance, management, and staff to ensure scheduled maintenance is being performed, product quality is being maintained, and timely/accurate deliveries are made.
· May be called in for snow removal during winter.
· Perform additional functions requiring heavy equipment operation as assigned by management.
EXPERIENCE: Must have 5 years’ experience operating, conducting maintenance, and troubleshooting skid steers, front end loaders, heavy machinery and commercial vehicles. Must be able to work independently with limited supervision. Must be familiar with roads/streets in Manitowoc County and be able to read and interpret a street map.
SKILLS: Must have good customer service skills and good communication skills.
Must be able to utilize cellular phone.
Must have and maintain a CDL Class B driver’s license without airbrake restrictions and have a FEDERAL MEDICAL CARD.
Must be able to meet Holiday House Insurance Carrier’s Vehicle Insurability Standard.
Must be familiar with streets and roads within all of Manitowoc County.
Should be able to lift up to 50 pounds w/assistance.
Work under seasonal conditions of cold, wet, heat, humidity and dust at the job sites. Protective safety equipment must be worn as directed.
· Operate all recycling Center Equipment including dump truck, wheel loaders, skid steers, forklifts, balers, conveyors, and any other vehicle on property.
· Perform maintenance on all vehicles and keep accurate service records.
· Responsible for routine inspection on both interior and exterior of buildings, ground, equipment, systems, and compost site.
· Must communicate with management on any and all concerns related to vehicles, equipment, operations, facility, and compost site.
· Perform lock-out tag-out and confined space entry procedures.
· Responsible for keeping track of shop tools and equipment and keep well organized.
· Inspect and keep recycling depot area clean by removing all problem materials.
· Perform opening/closing of facility, main building, and compost sites.
· Perform recycling, sorting, and compost duties.
· Responsible for loading compost and wood mulch for customers in a safe and timely manner.
· Deliver compost and wood mulch through Manitowoc County.
· Construct and tip compost windrows to specifications.
· Perform any other duties assigned by management.
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
· Must have and maintain a CDL Wisconsin driver’s license with airbrake certification and have a FEDERAL MEDICAL CARD.
· Must be able to meet Holiday House Insurance Carrier’s Vehicle Insurance Standards.
· Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
· Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
· Must be able to work under any seasonal condition: cold, wet, heat, and humidity.
· Must have 5 years’ experience operating, conducting maintenance, and troubleshooting of all equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Considerable physical activity such as bending, climbing, stooping, and lifting up to 50#’s with assistance.
Provide identified support, training and supervision with daily activities to program members in either the Day Services or Prevocational Services Program.
· Assist members develop job skills and improve work performance.
· Assist members complete assigned job tasks.
· Teach members to recognize quality standards that must be maintained.
· Provide quality assurance inspection of member’s completed work.
· Implement activities as planned by either the Day Services Coordinator or the Prevocational Services Curriculum Coordinator.
· Supervise and assist program members with personal care needs, including but not limited to toileting, personal assistance and transfers.
· Maintain awareness of member’s interests, strengths, and needs in order to provide appropriate services and feedback to Case Manager during case review process.
· Participate in the case review process with the member and the Case Manager as needed.
· Implement support services identified in Individual Written Program Plans.
· Collaborate with each member’s Case Manager and other support staff.
· Complete daily reports as directed by the individual’s Case Manager.
· Follow and enforce agency safety rules, provide input regarding safety concerns.
· Handle emergencies promptly.
· Assist members with practice and actual emergency evacuations.
· Administer assistance to individuals who require First Aid or CPR/AED attention.
· Report and record accidents in a timely manner.
· Attend informational seminars and training sessions as scheduled.
· Promote and maintain confidentiality of members.
· Perform additional duties as assigned by Director of Social Services.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Willingness to provide personal cares is essential. Prefer background as a CNA or Personal Care Giver, but not necessary.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent. Teaching, Human Services or CNA experience desired but not mandatory.
EXPERIENCE: Experience working with people who are developmentally disabled is a plus.
SKILLS: Must be able to provide patient and understanding support to members. Use knowledge about members learning styles in order to support participants in their job situations or during activities. Ability to communicate effectively with members and staff members. Must be able to work as a team member. Good math knowledge and writing skills are desirable. Self-directed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITIES: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to stand for lengthy periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with assistance. Must be able to bend/squat/twist/kneel frequently. Must be able to physically transfer participant from a wheelchair in a safe manner.
|Questions, problems, or comments regarding this site, contact HH Webmaster.|